|Applies to: |
SmartVault Tax and Accounting plans
SmartVault uses folder templates to create folders in your account. Folder templates only apply to those folders that are automatically created for actions such as adding a client, creating a new engagement, or adding an employee.
You can set the folders that receive certain documents. SmartVault sets this by default, but you can add, change, or remove these settings.
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Right click on your account and select View Dashboard.
- Click Manage Folder Templates.
- You have several templates by default. For this example, we're editing the template that creates tax engagements. Click on View and edit templates for the Tax Engagement template.
- The template displays the folders that SmartVault uses when you create a tax engagement for a client. We'll remove the Government or filing copy of tax return from the Client Tax Returns folder and then add this document to the Tax Returns folder. Click on the gear icon next to the folder with the documents stored there currently and select Edit folder (the Client Tax Returns folder, in this case).
- Under Documents stored in this folder, click the X icon to remove the Government or filing copy of tax return to stop SmartVault from placing the government copy of the tax return in the Client Tax Return folder.
- Click Save changes.
- Click on the gear icon next to the folder you will now store this document in and select Edit folder (the Tax Returns folder, in this case).
- Under Documents stored in this folder, click the + icon to create a new document field.
- Click the down arrow on the document field and select Government or filing copy of tax return.
- Click Save changes.
- Click Save changes on the template page.
- Enter a description of the change you made. In our example we enter "Changed Government Copy of tax returns from going to the Client Tax Return folder to go to the Tax Return folder". Check the Apply now box if you'd like SmartVault to make the changes to your folders immediately. Click OK.
- After some time, all of the tax engagement folders for all your clients will update to reflect the changes you made.