Custom branding your SmartVault Portal gives your users and clients the look and feel of your own website. With SmartVault, you can customize the Subdomains, Sign In Page, Header, Color Schemes, and Emails.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that you have the logo you want to use for your client portal header and sign-in page, as well as the logo you want to use for your email header. (You can use the same logo for both headers.)
- You can use a tool like ColorZilla to find out the colors of your website or any site you like the look of. See ColorZilla for Firefox.
Determine your subdomain. The default domain is my.smartvault.com. You will replace the my with a subdomain of your choosing.
• For example, eztaxes can be created as eztaxes.smartvault.com as a sub domain.
• Type in your subdomain that you want and click the button to confirm.
Sign In Page
Sign In Text - can be modified and changed to your own custom message. The numbers represent the line you are changing.
|The Header Text words Sign In can be changed into anything you want it to say with the limit of up to 20 characters of text.|
|The Body Text words can also be changed be changed into anything you want it to say with the limit of up to 45 characters of text.|
Background Color - can be modified to your own color scheme. The following below is to choose what colors you want.
|Select the color of the background box.|
|Select the color of the Sign In text.|
|Select the color of the Body text.|
|Select the color of the Email Address and Password text shown in the box to the right.|
|Select the color for the Reset Password link.|
|Select the hover color when you hover over the Reset Password link.|
Masthead Design - you can upload your own logo so that it is displayed in the top left of the portal.
| The logo must be .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .tif, or .tiff files, and no greater than 340 pixels in width by 60 pixels in height.
- To resize your logo, you can use Microsoft Paint, Adobe Photoshop, or an online service like PicResize or PIXLR.
Masthead Background Color - you can select and customize the colors.
|Select the background color of the top bar.|
|Select the color of the top line text color.|
|Select the color of the links line color.|
1. Link Color - Select the color you want for links
2. Link Hover Color - Select the color you want for when you hover over the links.
Email Header Logo
|The logo must be .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .tif, or .tiff files, and no greater than 340 pixels in width by 60 pixels in height.|
Email Closing Text
|Type in your own custom closing text like an email signature that can be customized up to 1024 characters of text.|
4. Click Save at the bottom of the page to finalize all of your settings for your portal.
5. You can also restore the default settings back to original settings by clicking on Restore Defaults.
Please Note: For security reasons, we do not allow a firm's clients to directly sign in to SmartVault from the firm's website.
SmartVault requires an outside link to prevent problems if your main website is hacked. By requiring links with redirection to our secure site, we prevent any security issues arising from the firm's main site; this practice stops security issues such as the capture of SmartVault usernames or passwords.