SmartVault Tax and Accounting plans
|Although folder templates apply to both Tax and Accounting plans, some non-tax templates may be empty for tax customers.|
Folder templates are used to create the folder structures in your account and only apply to the folders that are created for actions such as adding a client, creating a new engagement, or adding an employee. For every folder template, you can do the following:
• Adding folders
• Rename folders
• Delete folders
• Change permissions on a folder.
- Login to your SmartVault Dashboard
- Click on icon Manage Folder Templates as shown below:
- Click on View and edit templates icon for the template you'd like to edit. For this example, we'll be editing the template designated for a Payroll engagement (the folder structure you'll see when you create a Payroll engagement).
When you edit the template, it displays all of the folders that SmartVault uses when you create a Payroll Engagement.
- To add a folder, click the gear icon next to the Payroll yyyy folder and select New folder. This creates a new folder underneath it, appropriately labeled 'New Folder'.
- To rename the folder labeled 'New Folder,' click the gear icon next to it and select Edit folder.
- Under Name, rename the folder. Click the icon to Save changes to your edit.
- To change permissions for a specific folder, under Access, set the groups who can access this folder and the level of access each group should receive. Click the icon to add a group, and click each checkbox to set what the group can access.
- Click Save changes.
- Click Save changes on the template page.
- Enter a description for the change you made. In this example, we'll enter "Added a Folder Entitled Renamed Folder to the Payroll Engagement Template. Check the Apply now box if you'd like SmartVault to make the changes to your folders immediately. Click OK.
- After some time, all of the clients with a Payroll engagement will reflect the changes.
- To delete a folder from a template, click the gear icon next to the folder you'd like to delete. Select Remove folder.
- Click OK to delete the folder
- Click Save Changes