SmartVault uses folder templates to create folders in your account. Folder templates only apply to those folders that are automatically created for actions such as adding a client, creating a new engagement, or adding an employee. You can change the name of folders that are generated by your folder templates.
Note: manually editing folder names for generated folders is not the correct method for changing the name of these folders.
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click Manage Folder Templates.
- You have several templates by default. For this example, we're editing the template that creates tax engagements. Click on View and edit templates for the Tax Engagement template.
- The template displays the folders that SmartVault uses when you create a tax engagement for a client. Click on the gear icon next to the folder whose name you want to change and select Edit folder.
- Make changes to the folder name under the Name field and click Save changes.
- Click Save changes on the template page.
- Enter a description of the change you made. In our example we enter "Changed the name of the Source Documents folder". Check the Apply now box if you'd like SmartVault to make the changes to your folders immediately. Click OK.
Note: There is also an option to apply the template any time incase you want to implement changes later.