You can send out tax returns to your clients using SmartVault's mail merge feature from the Client Portal. Utilizing email templates provided by SmartVault that you can personalize and edit, all the clients you select will be mailed their tax returns.
Alternatively, you can send tax returns to clients one at a time.
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Right click on your account and click View Dashboard.
- Click on Send to Clients.
- You might need to apply filters to find the engagements you're looking for. Click Edit filters and select the needed filters.
- You can filter based on your client's tax type.
- You can filter based on the type of engagement. At this time, you can only send tax returns, so you will not need to view other engagement types.
- You can use additional filters to show engagements according to the following:
- if the government tax return has been prepared;
- if the client tax return has been prepared;
- and if you have already sent a return to a client or not.
- You can filter based on the year of the engagement. When you've selected all the necessary filters, click Apply.
- Check each engagement you intend to send.
- Click Send Income Tax Email.