You can set customized salutations for clients that can then be used within the email templates that generate the emails sent to your customers. By default, the email template uses the first and last name of the client as it appears in SmartVault.
However, if you have a client that uses a different name, you can set a custom salutation just for that client. For instance, you might have a client named William Blake, but you know that the only person to call him William was his mother. So, you in William Blake's client information, you can set a custom salutation that greets him as "Billy".
- Sign into the SmartVault Online Portal
- On the left side of the screen, Right-Click on the blue globe icon.
- Click on View Dashboard
- Click Clients.
- Locate the client in your client list and click View client information (the i icon).
- Click Edit client (the pencil icon) and click the + symbol under Salutation override.
- Add the custom salutation for this client—for example, Billy for William.
- Click Save changes (the disk icon).
- Click the menu icon and select Dashboard.
- Click Email Templates.
- Click Tax Return to edit your tax return email template.
- Verify that the greeting contains %ClientSalutation%. Make any changes to the format of the greeting—for example, delete "Dear" and replace it with "Attn: ".
- If you make any changes, click Save changes.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for the remaining clients that require a custom salutation.