Intuit has introduced a new feature called ProConnect with LaCerte 2016 and ProSeries 2016 that requires a new "Sign In" field from your Intuit credentials. When you start your computer, SmartVault is one of the programs that is set by default to automatically start. Upon starting SmartVault, it will attempt to open all years and versions of LaCerte and ProSeries in the background to begin integration and communication between SmartVault and LaCerte or ProSeries. Since Intuit has changed the way the 2016 programs access your data, it will cause a hang up on the attempt to reach LaCerte or ProSeries. There is a work around that we have available which this article will explain.
- The first thing you want to do is disable SmartVault to automatically open upon starting up your computer. Choose which applies to your version of Windows below:
○ For Windows 8 or 10 users, open the Task Manager and click on the Start Up tab shown in the screen shot below:
• Click on SmartVault Client and then click Disable. This will no longer allow SmartVault to start up automatically. Go ahead and Restart your computer.
○ For Windows 7 user,
• 1. From your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time.
• 2. In the "Open:" field, type msconfig and press Enter
• 3. Click the Startup tab.
• 4. Uncheck the items you do not want to launch on startup.
• 5. When you have finished making your selections, click OK.
• 6. In the box that appears, click Restart to restart your computer.
- Now that we have disabled SmartVault to start up. You may now open LaCerte 2016 or ProSeries 2016 first.
- Sign into ProConnect with your credentials and allow LaCerte or ProSeries to start up completely.
- You can now open SmartVault Launchpad or Connected Desktop.
If you are still experiencing an issue, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team by calling in by phone, LiveChat, or email us at support@SmartVault.com for further assistance.