To map a SmartVault drive on Windows 2003 Server:
- On the Start menu, open My Network Places.
- Click Add Network Place, and then click Next.
- Click Choose another network location, and then click Next.
- In the Internet or Network address field, type https://docs.smartvault.com, and then click Next.
- Type your SmartVault user ID and password, select the "Remember my password" check box, and then click OK.
- Type your password again, then click OK.
- Type SmartVault Drive for the drive name, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Open your Network Places from the Start menu to browse your SmartVault accounts, folders, and documents.
The Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server O/S systems are no longer supported by Microsoft or SmartVault. However, if you have one of these, the above steps should work. Keep in mind, you will experience some limitations while using the SmartVault drive on these operating systems and there is no resolution for them:
- You will not be able to print to PDF
- You may experience some excessive windows security dialogs when opening and saving documents
- You may not be able to open all versions of Excel or MS Word files
- PDF files will open by default in the browser and some PDF files may not open at all
- You must have have a user or a client license to use the SmartVault Drive feature.