- Install the SmartVault Desktop software. See Installing the SmartVault Desktop Software.
- Verify that you are signed in to your SmartVault account. See Signing in to SmartVault.
- On the SmartVault Launchpad, click SmartVault Inbox.
- Select the All Folders tab to upload to folders in SmartVault.
- If you want to upload a document stored on a drive on your local computer or on a network drive, complete the following steps:a. Click Add.a. Click Browse.b. Browse to the location of the document you want to upload, select the document, and then click Open.c. In the Name field, specify a name for the document.d. In the Description field, specify a description for the document.e. Click Accept.
- If you want to drag and drop a document from your computer desktop or from folder on your local computer into a selected vault or folder in the SmartVault Inbox, complete the following steps:
a. Select the document on your computer desktop or in a folder on your local computer.
b. Drag and then drop the document into the SmartVault Inbox.
c. SmartVault automatically uploads the document into the specified vault or folder.
- If you want to drag and drop a document attached to an email in Microsoft Outlook, complete the following steps:a. Select a document attachment in a Microsoft Outlook email.b. Drag and then drop the document into the SmartVault Inbox.c. SmartVault automatically uploads the document into the specified vault or folder.
The largest single document that can be uploaded using the SmartVault Inbox is 2GB.