You will use the SmartVault PDF Printer to print directly to SmartVault from office productivity software such as Microsoft Word or Excel. The SmartVault PDF Printer prints your file as a PDF to SmartVault and appears in any situation in which you could use a normal printer, so you aren't limited to only printing from Microsoft Office programs.
- Open the Connected Desktop, select a client, and click on the folder to which you want to print.
- Open any software that allows printing. For this tutorial, we'll use Microsoft Excel.
- After working with a file in the program, print the file.
- Select SmartVault PDF Printer from the list of printers and click Print.
- If you aren't currently signed in, the SmartVault Desktop will prompt you to sign in.
- Depending on the SmartVault applications you currently have open, a window opens to display the possible locations to which you can send the printed PDF. Click on Connected Desktop.
- The PDF uploads to the folder you previously selected.
Additional Considerations and Resources
Since an already existing PDF cannot be converted to a PDF file, using the PDF Printer with a PDF fails. If you need to upload a PDF or upload a file using its original file type, you can drag and drop the file into the destination folder in the Connected Desktop.