You can save the message from an email in addition to any attachments on an email. You can save one or more messages at once to any folder within your SmartVault account in addition to any attachments . Files are saved as a .msg file. By default, the Upload Emails button displays on the home screen of Outlook, while Upload Attachments displays on the reading mail screen. You can change each of these default settings in Setup.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- By default, the SmartVault Outlook Plug-in displays at the end of the ribbon on the Home menu.
- Select one or more emails to upload to your SmartVault account.
- Click Upload Emails.
- The SmartVault Outlook Plug-in sets Upload Emails as the default action on the Home menu. If you don't see Upload Emails, click to expand the SmartVault Outlook Plug-in menu and select Upload Emails.
- On the Uploading Emails screen that opens, select the destination folder for the message(s).
- Enable the setting to edit the upload options if needed. You then edit the upload options after clicking Upload Files.
- Click Upload Files.
- You'll receive an alert when your files finish uploading.
- If you chose to edit the upload options, you can input your changes to the file name, the description, or the file overwrite rules before uploading begins.