The SmartVault PDF Print Driver lets you print from the Windows File Explorer, your desktop, or any software application that allows printing to SmartVault.
The SmartVault PDF Print Driver also lets you route a document to a specific folder by applying selected criteria in the print driver: client, engagement type and year/frequency (monthly, quarterly or annually), and document type (tag).
To use the SmartVault PDF Printer to auto-file a document:
1. Open any software that allows printing.
Note: If a file is already in PDF format, you can still upload it by going to My Documents then saving the file in the Upload to SmartVault folder, and then skip steps 2 and 3.
2. Print the file.
3. Select SmartVault PDF Printer from the list of available printers and click OK.
Note: The Print dialog box may look different depending on what version of Windows you're running.
4. If you aren't currently signed in, the SmartVault Desktop will prompt you to sign in.
5. A window opens to display the possible SmartVault locations you can print your file to. Click Auto-Filer.
6. Select the criteria used to route your document: the account the auto-file applies to, client, engagement type (and engagement period if applicable), and tag (document type), and then click Upload.
7. Navigate to the SmartVault Connected Desktop to ensure your document has been auto-filed correctly.