This guide will show you how to designate which month is used as the End of Fiscal Year for each of your clients. SmartVault defaults to December if you make no selection, but you can easily adjust this for new or existing clients though the Clients tab within the Dashboard.
The control for adjusting the end of fiscal year setting for both new and existing clients is the same, but the steps needed to get to the control are slightly different. For a more thorough explanation and a demonstration of what changes take place within SmartVault once you change the end of fiscal year setting, please watch the video at the bottom of this page.
Demonstrate how to set which month is used as the fiscal end of year for a new or existing client.
- Log in to the SmartVault Portal as an Administrator or User on the account.
- Go to the Dashboard by right-clicking on your Account Name and selecting "View Dashboard..." from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the "Clients" tab.
- Click on the "+" symbol to add a new client.
- Fill in the contact information for the new client
- Scroll down to "End of fiscal year" and click on the "+" symbol below.
- Left-click on the month that appears (December) and then click again on the new month you would like to set as that client's end of fiscal year.
- Click on the save icon
The following video shows how to adjust the end of fiscal year for an existing client and demonstrates how SmartVault automatically updates all your client's folders accordingly: