You can configure upload and download email notifications for any vault or folder that you have access to. For example, you can specify that you want to be notified when documents are uploaded to or downloaded from a folder.
- Sign in to the Client Portal.
- Browse to and select the vault or folder for which you want to configure notification settings.
- Are you modifying email notifications for yourself or another person?
- For Yourself: If you would like to specify whether you will receive a notification when someone else uploads or downloads a file, please check the appropriate box marked below and you are done.
- For Someone Else: If you would like to specify when another person will receive a notification, skip to Step 4.
- Click on the View Access and Notification Settings button and follow this link to the View Access and Notification Settings page.
If you do not see the My Notifications Settings area, the account you are working in has been configured to prevent users from specifying their own notification settings. For more information, see Specifying Account-Level Notification Preferences.
Additionally, an Admin user in a SmartVault Solo or Team Accountants Plan or a SmartVault Tax Plan can set notifications for types of folders on folder templates that are created in a SmartVault account.