This article explains how to create new containers and how to redistribute clients. Note this feature is only available for Accountants plans or plans with Intuit Tax.
Container names must be exactly 3 characters including the ‘-‘ character. For example, A-D would be a valid container name, but A- or AA-BZ would not be valid container names.
For this guide we will use the example of creating a "0-9" Container:
1. Start in the Files & Folders view within the SmartVault Dashboard. Notice that there are 3 client Vaults that are not nested within the alphabetical Containers because the clients' names starts with a number and not a letter.
2. Left-click on the Clients Container or icon in the Navigation Pane on the left, then click on the Create New Container or icon in the Details Pane. Name that container "0-9".
3. With the new Container ‘0-9’ created, click on the Container Properties or icon on the far right. Click on the Redistribute Clients tab under Container Properties and then click Submit Redistribute Request.
4. Your client Vaults will be automatically redistributed to the correct Container.
- Depending on the number of client Vaults that need to be moved it may take some time for the client redistribution to complete, but you should receive an email notification from SmartVault when it is done.