You can use the ‘View in Browser’ feature in the SmartVault Portal to view files types instantly, including Microsoft Office files, PDFs, Outlook email messages, and more than a half-dozen types of graphic file formats, anytime, from anywhere. Manage secure file sharing - confidential documents can be viewed without having to download them or to delete them after downloading.
- View documents in a browser without having to download or own the software in which the file was created.
- View all previous and current versions of the selected document before downloading or printing (this ability is turned off by default).
- Display file information including file description, owner, created date, modified date and size.
- Open or print as a PDF from the ‘View in Browser’ window.
- Sign In to the SmartVault Client Portal.
- Browse to the vault or folder that contains the document you want to access.
- Click the underlined filename for the document you want to view in your browser window.
- The document opens in the View in Browser mode in a separate window.
- Use the File Tasks pane to perform various actions on a file.
- To download the document, click Download or select Download File under File Tasks.
- To view a list of file versions, click the Version icon or select View Version History under File Tasks.
- To navigate through the pages within a file, click the Thumbnail viewer or the Previous and Next arrows.
- To zoom in or out of the document, click the + or - buttons, or select an option from the Zoom drop-down menu.
- To open or print a PDF of the document, click on Open or Print PDF under File Tasks.
If you select a document, you can perform various actions from the File Tasks pane.
- Download File
- View Version History
- Delete File
- View Properties (name, description)
- Send Link to File
- Get Link to File
- Move/Copy File (moving files requires the Delete permission)