If you have shared a folder with a client and upload new documents to the folder, you send an email to the client that contains the link to the folder or to the specific document you just uploaded, along with a personal message letting them know that the documents are ready for review.
When you send a link to a person, they must meet the following before they can view the document:
- They must be logged in to SmartVault
- They must be a member of the same SmartVault account
- They must have access to the vault or folder that contains the document. When you send a link, you can see the list of users who have access to the vault or folder.
Sending a Link from the SmartVault Portal
1. Browse to and select the vault or folder that contains the document to which you want to send a link.
2. In the right task pane, click Send Link to Vault for the item.
3. Select the check box in front of each user you want to send the link to, specify any personal message you want to include in the email, and then click Send.
If you want to copy and paste a link:
1. In the left tree pane, browse to and select the vault or folder that contains the document to which you want to send a link.
2. In the right task pane, click Get Link to Vault for the item.
3. Verify that the person you want to send the link to is listed under the Users with Access section.
4. Copy and paste the link into a personal email or other document.