Sharing a folder with a user gives that user the ability to view, upload, delete and modify documents in the folder.
This method is NOT recommended for our structured plans (plans with folder built in folder templates), unless you need to provide access to a custom folder that is not part of the template. For more information about sharing with users in our structured plans, see Managing and Inviting Lacerte or ProSeries Tax Clients.
Note: To learn more about sharing and managing access permissions, click here.
1. Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
2. Select the vault or folder you want to share.
3. Click the Container properties icon.
4. Click the Access and Notifications tab.
5. Click Edit Access Settings.
6. If this is the first time sharing with the user, select your license type and complete the User Information section.
7. Edit the permissions as necessary in the Access and Notification Settings section.
8. Enter a personal message (optional).
9. Click Add.
10. On the Access and Notifications tab, select one of the options in the Apply Changes to menu:
- This folder only - Gives access to only this folder. Pre-existing sub-folders do not inherit permissions from the parent. However, any sub-folders created after the permissions are set inherit the parent's folder access settings. You can edit the View and Access Notification Settings of the new folder and remove the inherited permissions.
- This folder and all subfolders - Gives access to this folder and all of the sub-folders that already exist. Any new folders created in the future will inherit the parent's access settings.
Note: When you remove access at the parent level, users with access can still view the sub-folders in the SmartVault Portal (indicated with a gold star) but cannot browse the folder hierarchy in the SmartVault Drive or Portal.
- This folder and make all subfolder access settings exactly like these - Removes all access settings of every folder below in the hierarchy and replaces them with the settings from this folder.
Note: This option should only be used in special circumstances. This step is not reversible.
11. Click Save Settings.