This page will give you an overview of the different tools and settings available through the SmartVault Launchpad.
Tools for Reckon Accounts Users
- This is a shortcut that launches your preferred web browser and takes you to the login screen for the SmartVault Portal.
- The Portal allows you to organize, share, view, and store your documents online.
- You can also manage your SmartVault account and perform administrative tasks, such as view your Activity Log or recover a file from the Recycle Bin, through the Portal
- For a glossary of SmartVault Portal terms, please click here.
- Used to quickly scan, upload, or download files without going through the SmartVault Portal.
- Available to all users, but requires the user to be logged in to the Launchpad to work.
- Mostly used by Client and Guest users to scan and upload supporting documents to be attached to transactions or entries in Reckon Accounts.
- Maps SmartVault as a networked hard drive available through Windows Explorer.
- Available to all users types except Guests, but requires the user to be logged in to the Launchpad to work.
- Allows you to open and save files directly into SmartVault or quickly copy files and folders in to or out of SmartVault by dragging and dropping.
- If your scanner uses TWAIN drivers, you do not need to install these scanner profiles.
- Some scanners use proprietary software that will not natively scan into SmartVault, so we have created profiles for the two most popular proprietary software packages: Canon CaputureOnTouch and Fujitsu ScanSnap.
|Back Up QuickBooks Data
- Used to create manual backups of your Reckon Accounts company files and save them to SmartVault
- You must be signed in to the Launchpad and the Reckon Accounts company file must be closed (all users in a multi-user environment must have the file closed) for the manual backup option to work.
- To schedule automatic backups, you must go through the Backups tab within SmartVault User Settings.
User Settings, Support Links, Optional Plugins
- Takes you to SmartVault's Customer Center: support.smartvault.com
- You can search SmartVault's Knowledge Base articles or submit a support ticket.
|SmartVault User Settings
- Allows you to change the default settings for your user account.
- Preferences tab: Set the Launchpad to remember your credentials or change the colors of the SmartVault Toolbar within Reckon Accounts.
- Scanners tab: Change the default settings for your scanner when scanning to SmartVault.
- Backups tab: Select which Reckon Accounts company files you would like to automatically backup to SmartVault and the frequency of those backups.
- Confirmations tab: Set default responses to most common pop-up windows associated with SmartVault.
- Engagements tab: Does not apply to Reckon plans with SmartVault.
- Extensions tab: Does not apply to Reckon plans with SmartVault.
- Advanced tab: Used to resolve intermittent connectivity issues with SmartVault.
|Get Outlook Plug-in
- Shortcut to the SmartVault for Outlook Plugin page with a training video and download button.