You can configure SmartVault to automatically back up a Reckon Accounts or QuickBooks desktop company file every X number of times that you close the company file. For example, you can configure SmartVault to automatically back up a Reckon Accounts or QuickBooks desktop company file each time you close the company file, or every third or fifth time that you close the company file.
After completing this how-to you will have a backup automatically configured so you do not have to remember to do this manually.
- Install the SmartVault Desktop software. (Skip this step if you already have SmartVault installed.)
For more information, see “Installing the SmartVault Desktop Software” .
- Verify that you are signed in to SmartVault from the SmartVault Desktop software by completing the following steps:
- On the Start menu, click Start > Programs > SmartVault > SmartVault Launchpad.
- If the Sign in to your SmartVault account link displays, you are not signed in from the SmartVault Desktop software. Click Sign in to your SmartVault account, type the email address and password for your SmartVault account, and then click Sign In.
- If the Sign in to your SmartVault account link does not display, you are already signed in to from the Desktop software.
- On the SmartVault Launchpad, click SmartVault User Settings.
- On the Backups tab, under Company Backup, select the company file you want to automatically back up.
- Select the Automatic backup check box and then specify a number for when you want the automatic backup to occur.
- Click OK.