SmartVault Release Notes for February 2020
Release Date: March 2, 2020
All of these new features are for SmartVault Structured plans: Tax Prep, Accounting, and SmartVault for Everyone – Pilot.
Projects let you create a non-time bound engagement for customers who need a project that is not related to a specific year. Projects allow you to leverage our folder structure and templates to create individual and multiple projects under a particular client.
Accounting firms can use Projects to create custom engagements, such as a Schedule C folder structure for those clients that need a separate folder structure for Schedule C returns. Non-accounting firms can use Projects for the various types of jobs they do for their customers (e.g., roofing, plumbing, kitchen rebuilds, etc.).
Assigned Employees gives you more control over which clients your employees can see and work with.
When an Assigned Employee logs into SmartVault, they will only see and work with the specific clients to which they are assigned. They will have full functionality for their client vault based on their role as a Firm Manager or Firm Employee. Assigned Employees can send tax returns, organizers, and financial statements to those clients to which they have access. This feature is ideal if you have a medium or large firm with lots of clients and you want to segregate access to various clients.
Added Default Client Type Qualifiers for SV4E
If Client Type is Entity, the default Type Qualifier will be Business.
If Client Type is Person, the default Type Qualifier will be Individual.
Custom Business SKU for Large Enterprise Customer
We created a custom SKU for large enterprise customers in the Business plan.
- Billing Plan ID: 10001
- Display Name: SmartVault Enterprise One
- Cost: $625/month
- Base plan user count: 25
- Unlimited disk space
- Unlimited company files
- Seasonal workers allowed: None
- Monthly engagements were removed from Accounting Services Engagements for UK and Tax Calc SKUs.
- Custom Tags now display in the Connected Desktop (create a custom tag and apply to a folder in the folder template and it shows up in the Tag dropdown in the Auto-filer).
- Separate Project Engagement page in the dashboard.
- A Seasonal Worker license cannot be marked as an Assigned Employee.
- Currently, the only way to upgrade or promote a Seasonal Employee is to remove them from the License Manager in Account Settings and add them back in as an Account or Assigned Employee from the Employee Dashboard.
- If the Firm Manager/Firm Employee feature is used to route notifications, the new Assigned Employee Feature will render the original workaround ineffective.
- Firm Managers and Firm Employees cannot see the numbers on the filter tiles.
- After creating a Project for a client in the Dashboard, the page lands back on the Engagements tab.
- A Type Qualifier cannot be deleted once it's been created. You don't necessarily need to use it, but it will show up in the UI.
SmartVault Release Notes for January Bug Fix Release
Release Date: Jan 14, 2020
We recently had multiple reports from some customers who were migrated over to our new Dashboard View indicating that some of their folder names were being changed automatically. (Example: #123 Main St.pdf.) After some research, we found that:
- Files names beginning with "#" (hashtag) was causing the parent folder of the file to be renamed with the name of the file itself.
As this was affecting multiple customers we made the decision to solve the problem and release the fix ASAP. The SmartVault portal can handle the special character (#) at the beginning of the file name.
SmartVault Release Notes for November 2019
Release Date: Dec 18, 2019
All these new features are for SmartVault structured plans (Tax and Accounting):
- Dynamic Dashboard - Lets you add or hide icons on the Dashboard home page.
- Customizable Client Sub Types (type qualifiers) - You can now add your own client subtypes to define specific templates, like Schedule C.
- Customizable Client IDs - For your clients not in Intuit Lacerte or ProSeries, you can now easily add the client ID when creating the client.
- The General Engagement template now displays a custom name in the SmartVault Connected Desktop.
- Support for Intuit Lacerte 2019
- Support for Intuit ProSeries 2019
- You can now add a hyperlink to the Disclosure section on the custom branding page.
- If an e-signature request fails due to insufficient permissions, the requestor will be notified via email.
For our United Kingdom Accounting Plans
- Added Monthly Engagements as a default engagement to the Payroll engagement folder.
- Adjusted the icon in the TaxCalc Create My Password email.
- Static File Upload - You can now upload a static file to a specific folder whenever you create a client from Salesforce using the SmartVault-SFDC integration.
- Bulk Client Vault Creation - Create your clients in batch from your Salesforce-SmartVault integration.
- Fixed the Google Chrome issue which was signing users out intermittently.
- My Apps Page in the SmartVault Dashboard now displays correctly.
- Users can now delete blank contact cards in the client's Dashboard, such as if they are created accidentally.
- Fixed link to SmartVault Support on the Launchpad.
- Added link to the Client Portal Orientation in the Tax Activation email template.