November 2017 SmartVault Service Updates
Release Date: November 29th, 2017
The following changes were made to all SmartVault accounts:
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Phase 2 nearing completion:
- Two-Factor Authentication is nearing completion and will be released by the end of December 2017, but you will have to opt-in to Sessions first to enable 2FA.
Client Portal / Dashboard Files & Folders View:
- "Drag Files Here" will now appear in any folder where an end-client or guest has upload or "create" permission.
- Multi-Download (Beta) is now available
- You can now download multiple files at once instead of downloading each file individually in the Dashboard.
- Please Note: your web browser must allow or enable pop-ups for this function to work.
- Please Note: we recommend you set your web browser to, by default, always save files in the same location (like your Downloads folder, for example).
- If your web browser displays a pop-up asking you each time where you would like to save a file, then you will see a pop-up for each file you have selected for download.
How to Opt-In to Session Tokens:: If you are the Administrator of a SmartVault account and would like the Session Tokens feature enabled for all your clients and employees, you must do the following:
- Update your SmartVault for Windows Desktop Client on all computers that you use with SmartVault.
- Click here to contact SmartVault Customer Support
- Tell Customer Support you would like to activate Session Tokens on your account.
- Provide the Admin email address you use to access SmartVault.