If you have a SmartVault guest account, learn how to activate it, sign into SmartVault, and upload and download files.
Activate Your Account
1. Navigate to your email
2. Find your invitation to SmartVault
3. Click on SmartVault Activation Link
4. Enter your phone number and desired password
5. Click Create My User
Quick Tip! The activation email will be sent from email@example.com
1. Navigate to my.smartvault.com
2. Enter your username and password
3. Click Sign in
|Quick Tip! If you have forgotten your password click on "Reset Password"|
Upload Your Files
Log in to your SmartVault account and navigate to the folder where you would like to upload your files.
In this example, we are uploading a W-2 form requested by my CPA into the "Client Source Document" folder. If your view looks different from the image to the right, Click Here.
1. Click on Upload Documents
2. Click on the Client Source Documents folder
3. Drag files to the upload files section.
Quick Tip! You can upload to any of the folders listed in the Upload Documents section
Download Your Files
Log in to your SmartVault account and navigate to the folder containing the files you want to download.
In this example we are downloading a tax return that my CPA has sent. If your view looks different from the image to the right, Click Here.
1. Click on your vault name
2. Click on the Tax Year folder "TY18"
3. Click on the tax return PDF to view it in browser
Optional: Download the tax return to save it on your computer