Applies to Tax Related Plans
Opening the SmartVault Launchpad
As a tax accountant, you'll primarily use the SmartVault Connected Desktop to achieve most of your daily workflow. However, the SmartVault Launchpad offers you a place to access to all the tools within SmartVault, including the Connected Desktop.
Connecting Your Tax Application
Since SmartVault integrates directly with Intuit's Lacerte or ProSeries tax apps, it appears inside your tax application as a print destination and becomes ingrained directly into your normal workflow. As you continue through this guide, we'll show you how SmartVault augments your already existing tax process. Before you can see SmartVault in your tax application, you'll need to grant SmartVault access to Lacerte, ProSeries, or both.
NOTE: SmartVault does not support direct integration with any version of ProSeries Basic. SmartVault supports direct integration with Lacerte and ProSeries 2013 or later.
- After installing SmartVault with the recommended settings, you'll have four SmartVault desktop shortcuts.
- Locate the SmartVault Launchpad icon and double-click to open.
- SmartVault prompts you to sign in before you can use the Launchpad. Enter the email address and password you supplied during sign up.
- As the Launchpad opens and you should receive one or more additional windows depending on the Intuit software you have installed.
- Click Grant to allow SmartVault access to your installed Intuit programs.
Note: If you have any issues with granting SmartVault access to your tax application, see this article to manually grant access to SmartVault.