SmartVault Tax and Accounting plans
We understand you may have a business need to be able to import client lists from a variety of different applications. Doing so allows new and trialing customers to efficiently get started with client information and significantly limits the need for you to import clients manually.
Before You Begin
SmartVault's CSV import currently supports client exports from three applications:
- Microsoft Outlook
- The current SmartVault CSV format requires the following columns: Client ID, Client Type, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Email, Company Name, Home Phone, Work Phone, Fax Phone, Other Phone Number (Cell). (see example):
- Client Type is required and should be one of the following:
- Non Resident
- S Corporate
Click Here to Download the Client Template
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad and click Import Data.
- Select the import source to import your clients from. For this tutorial, we've selected CSV eFileCabinet Format.
- Click Browse and select the CSV file you would like to import clients from. Click Open.
- Select the SmartVault account you'd like to import to and click Next.
- Now you'll see a client list to be imported into your SmartVault account.
|Note: Trialing customers can only import 10 clients or less. Purchasing SmartVault enables an unlimited number of client imports. |
- Click Import All to import every client in this list or click Import Selected to only import those clients you've selected.
- As each client finishes importing, you'll see a status for the client. The import process is tracked with a progress bar, and when finished, you can click Exit.
If you need to import addtional clients later, you can open the Import Data tool at any time from the SmartVault Launchpad or from the Connected Desktop.
If you are going to be inputting SSNs or FEINS that start with a zero then you will want to follow this article on formatting to keep leading zeroes. This process needs to be redone if you close and reopen the document as CSV files dont allow for special formatting.